A couple of photos of me at work, taken by Taras Tymchuk (a visitor in town from the Ukraine). You should visit, too.
June 11, 2010
photos from the get down.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Friday, June 11th, 2010 at 9:13 pm and tagged with Ayana Contreras, DJ Ayana, Taras Tymchuk, the get down and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business black film Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance DJ Ayana Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org WBEZ west side woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (204)
- Chicago Cultural History (106)
- Commentary (41)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (116)
- Lack Versus Fat (4)
- Local Chicago Music (114)
- Music (162)
- Printed Matters (34)
- Reviews (20)
- Staged Affairs (43)
- style (12)
- the Freshness (59)
- the Goodness (66)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Clea Bradford and Frank D'Rone: my love's a monster, so think i will. jive on.
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Betty Everett: there'll come a time
- Reclaimed Soul Episode 007: Architects of Chicago Soul, Building for Tomorrow.
- DJ Ayana Events
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
- Donald Jenkins and the Delighters (and their Basement Music Revolution)
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
- Cassius and Sonji Clay: Love and Boxing
word on the street
sonichealingministri… on In Rotation: Ayana Contreras o… The Imaginations : G… on Imaginations: good stuff! Reggie Torian of The… on Leroy Hutson: Love the Feeling… Reggie Torian of The… on The Five Stairsteps… in…