I love sharing the stories behind the music I love with the general public; and was reminded of that as I embark on Hosting and Producing “Reclaimed Soul” (a weekly radio show on Vocalo.org) which premieres tomorrow night at 8pm CST. The show, of course, will feature stories as well as music. For more about Reclaimed Soul, click here.
May 2, 2012
Waxing Poetic at Dorchester Projects.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 at 12:11 am and tagged with Ayana Contreras, Chicago, curtis mayfield, Dorchester Projects, Jerry Butler, Mercury Records, The Impressions, vocalo.org and posted in the Freshness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Looking for Something?
Tags1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History Chicago History Chicago Music Chicago Soul community building cult movies curtis mayfield dance DJ Ayana Events fashion film hip hop inner city Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Media Morseland Music photography Printed Matters Race soul Soul Train South Side Chicago Theaster Gates Tom Tom Washington vocalo.org
- Arts & Culture (198)
- Chicago Cultural History (103)
- Commentary (40)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (115)
- Lack Versus Fat (4)
- Local Chicago Music (112)
- Music (159)
- Printed Matters (33)
- Reviews (19)
- Staged Affairs (42)
- style (12)
- the Freshness (54)
- the Goodness (64)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
- Theaster Gates' Rebuild Foundation Approved to Develop at 70th and Dante
- Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s Harlem in Black & White
- The Nialations: lowrider soul, straight off record row.
- Reclaimed Soul Episode 007: Architects of Chicago Soul, Building for Tomorrow.
- Ramsey Lewis and Earth, Wind, & Fire: sun goddess...an exercise of local royalty.
- Brighter Side of Darkness: a love note.
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Eight Minutes: straight outta chicago's soul cradle
- version 11: the new chicagoans
word on the street
ayanacontreras on Black Radical Imagination: Lan… sableindian on Gouster or Ivy Leaguer? ayanacontreras on Gouster or Ivy Leaguer? sonichealingministri… on Black Radical Imagination: Lan…