I love sharing the stories behind the music I love with the general public; and was reminded of that as I embark on Hosting and Producing “Reclaimed Soul” (a weekly radio show on Vocalo.org) which premieres tomorrow night at 8pm CST. The show, of course, will feature stories as well as music. For more about Reclaimed Soul, click here.
May 2, 2012
Waxing Poetic at Dorchester Projects.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 at 12:11 am and tagged with Ayana Contreras, Chicago, curtis mayfield, Dorchester Projects, Jerry Butler, Mercury Records, The Impressions, vocalo.org and posted in the Freshness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business black film Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org west side woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (212)
- Chicago Cultural History (114)
- Commentary (43)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (122)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (123)
- Music (170)
- Printed Matters (34)
- Reviews (20)
- Staged Affairs (44)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (61)
- the Goodness (67)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s Harlem in Black & White
- Cassius and Sonji Clay: Love and Boxing
- John H. White: Five Minutes of Light
- Fontella Bass: sassy soulful siren in the first degree.
- This Love's For Real
- Clea Bradford and Frank D'Rone: my love's a monster, so think i will. jive on.
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
word on the street
Mike on The House That Jive Built… The Value of Photogr… on John H. White: Five Minutes of… T. Watts on Donald Jenkins and the Delight… ayanacontreras on Donald Jenkins and the Delight…