Yeah, I said it. Angela Bassett, Terence Howard, dude from Welcome Back, Kotter Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, etc., in the story of Gary, Indiana’s most famous sons (and daughters). I recently pulled out my (second) dub of this. It’s a textbook cult classic: lines you can’t forget, larger than life characters… and untouchably-dope music. Since I couldn’t make it to London to snag tickets to the gloved one’s “final” tour, this will have to suffice. Below is that scene when Katherine finds Joseph’s been cheating. You know what’s next. She don’t wont him, she don’t wont him, she don’t wont him no mo’…..
Tag Archives: Gary Indiana
Leave a comment | tags: angela bassett, black film, cult movies, film, gary IN, Gary Indiana, jackson family biography, Jacksons an American Dream, Michael Jackson, Terence Howard | posted in Arts & Culture, Cult Movie of the Week, Film and Television, Jive Culture, Music, the Goodness
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business black film Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org west side woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (208)
- Chicago Cultural History (111)
- Commentary (42)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (119)
- Lack Versus Fat (4)
- Local Chicago Music (120)
- Music (167)
- Printed Matters (34)
- Reviews (20)
- Staged Affairs (43)
- style (12)
- the Freshness (60)
- the Goodness (66)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
- Eight Minutes: straight outta chicago's soul cradle
- Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s Harlem in Black & White
- One Day I Was Walking: Soulful Gospel from the Swan Mellarks
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- Jo Armstead: a giant among men.
- Brighter Side of Darkness: a love note.
- Don't Care Bears. Hilarious.
- a Chicago Be-In at Promontory Point, 1967
word on the street
byzantinetimemachine on The House That Jive Built… ayanacontreras on 100 Saxophones for Sun Ra… byzantinetimemachine on 100 Saxophones for Sun Ra… K Bryant on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld…