One good reason to keep LPs around: they work really well as masks.
February 25, 2009
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 at 10:16 am and tagged with album covers, art, masks and posted in Arts & Culture. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (74)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Chicago: in all its fried, dyed, laid-to-the-side (or perhaps natural) glory.
- Donald Jenkins and the Delighters (and their Basement Music Revolution)
- Pat and Pam: sisters in soul.
- Maggie Brown on Oscar Brown, Jr. and The Opportunity Please Knock Chorus
- This is Our (Chicago) Love Story.
- La Cade: The little hair care company that made some big waves.
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
- Minor Moods: ahmad jamal have i loved.
- Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s Harlem in Black & White
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
word on the street
Francis Thaddeus Ray on Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s… izzy on Wilbur Holmes: images of the W… Monisa Cole on La Cade: The little hair care… Christian on Captain Sky on Soul Train