From the forthcoming album, “John Cusack in High Fidelity Music” (that cult-classic film shot in Chicago, starring Chicago Native Cusack). Production by Astronote. Grab a glass of Iced Tea and sit yourself down on the porch for this one…
April 28, 2009
Laura’s Song from Donwill (of Tanya Morgan)
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 at 11:40 am and tagged with Astronote, Donwill, hip hop, Laura's Song, Tanya Morgan and posted in Music, the Freshness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (221)
- Chicago Cultural History (124)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (133)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (38)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (78)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
- All Power To The People: The Revolutionary Art Of Emory Douglas
- A bit about Black Rock Bands out of Detroit.
- B.J. the Chicago Kid's in "Denial"
- a Paper Record Player.....
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Don Cornelius: made Soul a household name.
- Donald Jenkins and the Delighters (and their Basement Music Revolution)
- Kitty & the Haywoods: a slice of Chicago Sister Funk.
word on the street
Janice on Gouster or Ivy Leaguer? Nyssa Perkins on La Cade: The little hair care… Drew on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Nicholas B on No Coast, Schmo Coast…