From the forthcoming album, “John Cusack in High Fidelity Music” (that cult-classic film shot in Chicago, starring Chicago Native Cusack). Production by Astronote. Grab a glass of Iced Tea and sit yourself down on the porch for this one…
April 28, 2009
Laura’s Song from Donwill (of Tanya Morgan)
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 at 11:40 am and tagged with Astronote, Donwill, hip hop, Laura's Song, Tanya Morgan and posted in Music, the Freshness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (219)
- Chicago Cultural History (122)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (122)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (36)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (72)
- the Goodness (70)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s Harlem in Black & White
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
- The Turntable goes Minimalist
- Summertime and Billy Stewart: Fruitful and Fleeting
- Oscar Brown, Jr.'s Work Song
- Reclaimed Soul Live!
- Alvin Ailey American Dance: back in chicago
word on the street
Maggie Brown on Osca… on Opportunity Please Knock Choru… billbielby on This Day in Chicago Radio… Roy Decarava and Lan… on Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s… L on Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood…