Chicagoans… Thaw out this Thursday (and every Third Thursday) with Simeon Viltz and DJ Ayana at the Groove Conspiracy. The revelry starts at 10pm. Dance, eat, drink, play pool, and catch a classic movie with subtitles (past features include The Best of Soul Train, Monkey Hustle, and The Last Dragon). Morseland is located at 1218 West Morse.
February 15, 2011
thaw out with the groove conspiracy!
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 at 11:36 am and tagged with Events, the groove conspiracy and posted in Events, Local Chicago Music, Performance. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (218)
- Chicago Cultural History (121)
- Commentary (45)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (122)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (131)
- Music (179)
- Printed Matters (36)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (71)
- the Goodness (70)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Army and Lou's: obituary of an icon.
- Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s Harlem in Black & White
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- Electric Mud: Electrified Delta Blues got a New Jolt
- Dorchester Projects June 2011
- Lucky Cordell: The Baron of Bounce... and Chicago Radio Royalty.
- Portraits of Black Chicago: The Beat Goes On
- Eight Minutes: straight outta chicago's soul cradle
- The Parishioner: St. Laurence's Last Days.
word on the street
Maggie Brown on Osca… on Opportunity Please Knock Choru… billbielby on This Day in Chicago Radio… Roy Decarava and Lan… on Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s… L on Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood…