click here to hear the original radio piece.
January 24, 2012
The Listening Room: at Seattle Art Museum, the artists’ medium is wax.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 at 10:38 pm and tagged with Ayana Contreras, KUOW, lack versus fat, Sandra Jackson-Dumont, Seattle Art Museum, Theaster Gates and posted in Arts & Culture, High Culture, Jive Culture, Music. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (221)
- Chicago Cultural History (124)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (133)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (38)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (78)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- A bit about Black Rock Bands out of Detroit.
- Captain Sky on Soul Train
- Cassius and Sonji Clay: Love and Boxing
- Ain't No Love Lost...a lost Curtis Mayfield gem
- Cult Movie of the Week: Sparkle
- 45 or Die: Move. Groove. Jive on.
- The Turntable goes Minimalist
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Clea Bradford and Frank D'Rone: my love's a monster, so think i will. jive on.
word on the street
ayanacontreras on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Carolyn Dillon on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Kimberly Wilborn on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… ayanacontreras on La Cade: The little hair care…