Now folks can listen anytime to radio featuring sound rich interviews and an all-vinyl playlist (courtesy of host Ayana Contreras). Reclaimed Soul is about taking old materials (records, buildings, ideas, et al) to push us all forward.
May 26, 2012
Listen to Streaming Archives of my Radio Show: Reclaimed Soul.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 26th, 2012 at 12:11 am and tagged with Ayana Contreras, Chicago, chicago public media, public radio, reclaimed soul, vocalo.org, WBEW and posted in the Freshness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (217)
- Chicago Cultural History (120)
- Commentary (44)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (122)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (131)
- Music (178)
- Printed Matters (36)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (70)
- the Goodness (69)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
- One Day I Was Walking: Soulful Gospel from the Swan Mellarks
- Nolan Chance and the Beach: i'll never forget you.
- DJ Ayana Contreras Events
- Brighter Side of Darkness: a love note.
- Captain Sky on Soul Train
- Do you Remember how to do the Camel Walk?
- The Parishioner: St. Laurence's Last Days.
word on the street
Maggie Brown on Osca… on Opportunity Please Knock Choru… billbielby on This Day in Chicago Radio… Roy Decarava and Lan… on Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s… L on Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood…