During these last strains of summer, I find myself seeking out ways to absorb the outdoor life. Generally speaking, there aren’t a whole lot of opportunities for alfresco dining on the South Side of Chicago. Imagine my surprise when I passed by this Harold’s Chicken (a Chicago tradition) at 64th and Cottage Grove. Get it while it’s hot. Jive on.
Tag Archives: Al fresco dining
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (221)
- Chicago Cultural History (124)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (133)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (38)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (78)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Pat and Pam: sisters in soul.
- Donald Jenkins and the Delighters (and their Basement Music Revolution)
- Do you Remember how to do the Camel Walk?
- Tapes Lost to Time: Chicago Stories
- Don Cornelius: made Soul a household name.
- All Power To The People: The Revolutionary Art Of Emory Douglas
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- a Paper Record Player.....
- Army and Lou's: obituary of an icon.
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
word on the street
Janice on Gouster or Ivy Leaguer? Nyssa Perkins on La Cade: The little hair care… Drew on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Nicholas B on No Coast, Schmo Coast…