For those of you who are new to this ride, I’ll let you know now: I have a thing for Black Francophones. Random, perhaps. Anyway, I present to you a Moroccan singer named Vigon (pictured left with Stevie Wonder). Vigon performed in France starting in the mid 1960s, and at one time performed with a rock group called The Lemons. Here he is singing “Harlem Shuffle” (a 1964 monster hit by Bob & Earl). Oh, the organ…the organ.
Tag Archives: French Music
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (77)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- Tapes Lost to Time: Chicago Stories
- Lovie Austin: Got The World In A Jug
- Wilbur Holmes: images of the West Side with Grit and Grace
- La Cade: The little hair care company that made some big waves.
- Lucky Cordell: The Baron of Bounce... and Chicago Radio Royalty.
- Chicago: in all its fried, dyed, laid-to-the-side (or perhaps natural) glory.
- Disco Nights at the Cabrini Green Summer Fest, 1979
- Dance Chicago Dance.
- John H. White: Five Minutes of Light
word on the street
ayanacontreras on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Carolyn Dillon on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Kimberly Wilborn on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… ayanacontreras on La Cade: The little hair care…