This is a record that embodies Chicago Grit and Get Down. “Good Lovin” by the legendary Otis Clay is at once a love song and a warning. Take heed. Says he: “And if you walk out my life, I hope you fall and break your neck”. If that ain’t grit, I don’t know what is….
May 23, 2010
Good Lovin… or else
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 at 1:47 pm and tagged with Benjamin Wright, Blues, Chicago Blues, Chicago Soul, Echo Records, Local Chicago Soul, Otis Clay and posted in Local Chicago Music, Music, the Goodness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
2 responses to “Good Lovin… or else”
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (73)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Do you Remember how to do the Camel Walk?
- Ayana Contreras Shares Her Mid-Year Best of Chicago Music 2019
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
- Mahogany (1975): Cult Movie of the Week
- This is Our (Chicago) Love Story.
- WBEZ Creates Tee Envy
- Don't Care Bears. Hilarious.
- Eight Minutes: straight outta chicago's soul cradle
word on the street
Steven A Salter on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… ronald strong on Donald Jenkins and the Delight… Maggie Brown on Osca… on Opportunity Please Knock Choru… billbielby on This Day in Chicago Radio…