A couple of photos of me at work, taken by Taras Tymchuk (a visitor in town from the Ukraine). You should visit, too.
June 11, 2010
photos from the get down.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Friday, June 11th, 2010 at 9:13 pm and tagged with Ayana Contreras, DJ Ayana, Taras Tymchuk, the get down and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business black film Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (216)
- Chicago Cultural History (118)
- Commentary (44)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (122)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (127)
- Music (174)
- Printed Matters (34)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (68)
- the Goodness (67)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Celebrate the Day of the Dead with portoluz
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- La Cade: The little hair care company that made some big waves.
- Minnie Riperton: she was the black gold of the sun.
- One Day I Was Walking: Soulful Gospel from the Swan Mellarks
- Amanda Love: You Keep Calling Me By Her Name.
- Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s Harlem in Black & White
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- This is Our (Chicago) Love Story.
- a Paper Record Player.....
word on the street
L on Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood… ayanacontreras on Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood… L on Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood… Darkjive Throwback:… on La Cade: The little hair care…