Hot off the presses.. Captain EO will be reopen at the Epcot Center (at Walt Disney World) this July. The ride/film short directed by Francis Ford Coppola and featuring Michael Jackson was originally opened in 1986 and closed in 1994 amidst allegations of abuse. The film was definitely a highlight of my family’s trip to Orlando back in the day. I am sad that Michael had to leave us for this gem of 80s cinematic opulence to return to the world! Jive on.
July 2, 2010
The Return of Captain EO: This was it.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Friday, July 2nd, 2010 at 7:47 am and tagged with Captain EO, Francis Ford Coppola, Michael Jackson, michael jackson tribute, the 80s, Walt Disney World and posted in Arts & Culture, Commentary, Events, Film and Television, Music, the Goodness, Visual Arts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (73)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Tofu Chitlin Circuit presents: Black Thang
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
- Do you Remember how to do the Camel Walk?
- Michael Abramson: Pulse of the Night.
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- Operation Breadbasket, the seed of PUSH
- Maria's Packaged Goods and Community Bar: a Righteous Revamp
- Wilbur Holmes: images of the West Side with Grit and Grace
word on the street
Steven A Salter on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… ronald strong on Donald Jenkins and the Delight… Maggie Brown on Osca… on Opportunity Please Knock Choru… billbielby on This Day in Chicago Radio…