Hot off the presses.. Captain EO will be reopen at the Epcot Center (at Walt Disney World) this July. The ride/film short directed by Francis Ford Coppola and featuring Michael Jackson was originally opened in 1986 and closed in 1994 amidst allegations of abuse. The film was definitely a highlight of my family’s trip to Orlando back in the day. I am sad that Michael had to leave us for this gem of 80s cinematic opulence to return to the world! Jive on.
Tag Archives: the 80s
Leave a comment | tags: Captain EO, Francis Ford Coppola, Michael Jackson, michael jackson tribute, the 80s, Walt Disney World | posted in Arts & Culture, Commentary, Events, Film and Television, Music, the Goodness, Visual Arts
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (221)
- Chicago Cultural History (124)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (133)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (38)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (78)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Cult Movie of the Week: Sparkle
- B.J. the Chicago Kid's in "Denial"
- The Nialations: lowrider soul, straight off record row.
- The Turntable goes Minimalist
- Re-Thinking the Soup Kitchen
- Perfect Angel: minnie riperton stayed in love.
- This Day in Chicago Radio History
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Betty Everett: there'll come a time
- Kitty & the Haywoods: a slice of Chicago Sister Funk.
word on the street
Janice on Gouster or Ivy Leaguer? Nyssa Perkins on La Cade: The little hair care… Drew on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Nicholas B on No Coast, Schmo Coast…