Gallery 400 and threewalls present a ceremony honoring the 15 winners of the 2011 Propeller Fund awards, which serve to promote informal and self-organized creative activity in the Chicago area. Come celebrate the grant recipients and the community with food, drink, and music at the Geolofts. The awards ceremony is presented in conjunction with the Hand in Glove Conference and MDW Fair.
October 11, 2011
come get artsy/dance. dj ayana at the geolofts.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 at 7:21 pm and tagged with DJ Ayana, MDW Fair, Propeller Fund and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (77)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- La Cade: The little hair care company that made some big waves.
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- All Power To The People: The Revolutionary Art Of Emory Douglas
- The Turntable goes Minimalist
- WBMX...and the White Sox?
- Eight Minutes: straight outta chicago's soul cradle
- Donny Hathaway in Chicago.
word on the street
ayanacontreras on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Carolyn Dillon on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Kimberly Wilborn on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… ayanacontreras on La Cade: The little hair care…