Gallery 400 and threewalls present a ceremony honoring the 15 winners of the 2011 Propeller Fund awards, which serve to promote informal and self-organized creative activity in the Chicago area. Come celebrate the grant recipients and the community with food, drink, and music at the Geolofts. The awards ceremony is presented in conjunction with the Hand in Glove Conference and MDW Fair.
Tag Archives: MDW Fair
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (74)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Opportunity Please Knock Chorus: oscar brown, jr.'s collaboration with the blackstone rangers
- All Power To The People: The Revolutionary Art Of Emory Douglas
- La Cade: The little hair care company that made some big waves.
- Minor Moods: ahmad jamal have i loved.
- John H. White: Five Minutes of Light
- Operation Breadbasket, the seed of PUSH
- Do you Remember how to do the Camel Walk?
- Little Black Pearl presents: Portraits Carved in Black
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
- Reggie Torian of The Impressions gives his impressions of Curtom, Curtis Mayfield, and more.
word on the street
Christian on Captain Sky on Soul Train M Carolyn Singleton on Chicago: in all its fried, dye… Tina Walker on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… raul on Eight Minutes: straight outta…