Psssst… David Boykin Expanse with DJ Ayana. It’s a righteous situation at a secret location. RSVP email@example.com for more info.
Tag Archives: perpetual rebel
Leave a comment | tags: Ayana Contreras, Chicago Jazz, david boykin, David Boykin Expanse, DJ Ayana, Local Chicago Jazz, Local Chicago Music, perpetual rebel | posted in Arts & Culture, Events, Jive Culture, Live Music, Performance
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (74)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- Fontella Bass: sassy soulful siren in the first degree.
- Tapes Lost to Time: Chicago Stories
- Don Cornelius: made Soul a household name.
- Lucky Cordell: The Baron of Bounce... and Chicago Radio Royalty.
- Minnie Riperton: she was the black gold of the sun.
- Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood.
word on the street
Christian on Captain Sky on Soul Train M Carolyn Singleton on Chicago: in all its fried, dye… Tina Walker on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… raul on Eight Minutes: straight outta…