Psssst… David Boykin Expanse with DJ Ayana. It’s a righteous situation at a secret location. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Tag Archives: perpetual rebel
Leave a comment | tags: Ayana Contreras, Chicago Jazz, david boykin, David Boykin Expanse, DJ Ayana, Local Chicago Jazz, Local Chicago Music, perpetual rebel | posted in Arts & Culture, Events, Jive Culture, Live Music, Performance
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Ebony Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (220)
- Chicago Cultural History (123)
- Commentary (46)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (123)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (132)
- Music (181)
- Printed Matters (37)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (77)
- the Goodness (71)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulldogs, and Hollywood
- Tapes Lost to Time: Chicago Stories
- Lovie Austin: Got The World In A Jug
- Wilbur Holmes: images of the West Side with Grit and Grace
- La Cade: The little hair care company that made some big waves.
- This is Our (Chicago) Love Story.
- Fontella Bass: sassy soulful siren in the first degree.
- Chicago: in all its fried, dyed, laid-to-the-side (or perhaps natural) glory.
- Disco Nights at the Cabrini Green Summer Fest, 1979
- Dance Chicago Dance.
word on the street
ayanacontreras on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Carolyn Dillon on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… Kimberly Wilborn on Hi-Fi White: Foodstamps, Bulld… ayanacontreras on La Cade: The little hair care…