The get down is about to go down again. Old Soul 45’s spun with love at the Morseland. Selections by me (DJ Ayana) and Gaucho. Join us this Thursday December 10 starting at 9:30pm. No Cover. The Morseland is located at 1218 West Morse in Chicago (just blocks from Sheridan). Here’s a sample of some of the proudly local grooves we’ll feature….”Get Down” by Curtis Mayfield.
December 9, 2009
the get down.
i love the transportive powers of sound. i am a radio host/producer, DJ, Sound designer, 45rpm collector, and art lover living in the city of wind. View all posts by ayanacontreras
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 at 5:18 pm and tagged with Chicago Soul, darkjive, DJ Ayana, funky 45s, gaucho, Local Chicago Soul, Morseland, soul, the get down and posted in Events, Live Music, Local Chicago Music, Music. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Looking for Something?
- 1968 Africa afro-punk art Arts & Culture Ayana Contreras Black Business Black Literature Blues books Bridgeport bronzeville Cadet Records Charles Stepney Chess Records Chicago Chicago Arts Chicago Blues Chicago Cultural History chicago events Chicago History Chicago Jazz Chicago Music Chicago Soul Class community building Cult Movie of the Week cult movies curtis mayfield Curtom dance david boykin DJ Ayana Donny Hathaway Dorchester Projects Education Englewood Events fashion film hip hop hyde park inner city John H. White Leroy Hutson Local Chicago Music Local Chicago Soul Lumpen Media Michael Jackson Morseland Museum of Contemporary Art Music new york photography Pilsen poetry Printed Matters Race radio reclaimed soul Sonotheque soul Soul Train South Side Chicago spoken word style Theaster Gates The Dells Tom Tom Washington urbanism vocalo vocalo.org woodlawn Yaw
- Arts & Culture (218)
- Chicago Cultural History (121)
- Commentary (45)
- Cult Movie of the Week (21)
- Events (122)
- Lack Versus Fat (5)
- Local Chicago Music (131)
- Music (179)
- Printed Matters (36)
- Reviews (21)
- Staged Affairs (46)
- style (13)
- the Freshness (71)
- the Goodness (70)
- Uncategorized (21)
- a Chicago Be-In at Promontory Point, 1967
- Tapes Lost to Time: Chicago Stories
- Monkey Hustlin' in Chicago
- Monk Higgins: The Look of Love
- Black Music Getting Intellectually Involved.
- Gouster or Ivy Leaguer?
- Little Black Pearl presents: Portraits Carved in Black
- WBEZ Creates Tee Envy
- One Day I Was Walking: Soulful Gospel from the Swan Mellarks
- Chicago: in all its fried, dyed, laid-to-the-side (or perhaps natural) glory.
word on the street
Maggie Brown on Osca… on Opportunity Please Knock Choru… billbielby on This Day in Chicago Radio… Roy Decarava and Lan… on Sweet Flypaper of Life: 1950s… L on Tom Tom 84 goes Hollywood…